Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Etsy Adventures...


I have decided that I wanted to try to post something about once a week from now on.  It has been a while since I have blogged and well....it's time to get back at it.  This weeks (and a few more in the future) topic is about my Etsy Store.  Yes I have decided to start an Etsy Store in the hopes of selling my Pottery. 

A brief history about my pottery background then.  My aunt used to do pottery back in the day and whenever I would go to her house and use her mugs I would always be in awe about how cool it was to drink from something  she had made.  Finally one summer, about 7 years back, I decided to sign up for a class at my local community center and there my obsession with this craft began.  7 years later and after much encouragement from my boyfriend, I decided to risk my artistic pride and set up an Etsy store.  


The store is called "Pottery with a Twist" and the name is originated from the fact that I like to make functional pottery (mugs, bowls, things that can be used) but I wanted to put a little something extra (take a look at my store to see what I mean about twist...:P) to make it more unique than the other mugs and bowls you see.    


For the last few years I have been focusing on perfecting my mug making skills.  And I feel that at this moment my cup making skills are pretty good.  Here are a few examples:








The fishy cup can be purchased from my Etsy store:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cafluffull

I have branched out and made other things like vases, casserole dishes and bowls, but mugs have been the staple vessel that people have come to associate with me.

I think that's about it for me this week.  Next week I'll post about how my Etsy adventures are going and post more pictures of my pottery!

No comments: